Metastock Pro: Data Compression

I trade mainly FX (spot and futures).   Metastock pro works fine for
displaying the shorter timeframes (hourly & lower) as well as dailies
etc.  But I am still perplexed as to why the programmers did not include
the ability to display data in, say, 4hr bars (240mins).

Does anyone know of any 3rd party data compression program that would do
the job?  Lets say I have data collected in 60 min bars.  What I want to
do is take the data file (ms, excel or text) and compress the data into
4hr bars.  The resulting data I could then chart in excel.

At the end of '98 I sent a suggestion to Equis to have this feature
included but have not heard anything back.

Any ideas anyone?

Equis: Any chance one of your programmers could help out by providing
the details of the compression algorithm currently use?  I could then
make the necessary adjustemt and implement it in excel/vb.

Essan Soobratty.