Re: Formula to identify a divergence with an indicator

A simple formula for finding a divergence (bullish) between the RSI and the
price is shown below.  To find a bearish divergence, replace > with <.  The
differences in the trough function was found through an optimization routine
and they may not be the best values for your application.  I would need to
spend some time with the manual before I could figure out how to keep it
active for 3 days.

Ref(RSI(14),-1)>
Trough(1,RSI(14),.8)
AND
Ref(CLOSE,-1)<
Trough(1,CLOSE,.2)

Dan
Pocatello, ID usa

In a message dated 6/7/1999 5:33:05 AM Mountain Daylight Time,