Re: E-Mail Filtering to separate ALL this Metastock List's Post

Incidentally, while we're on the subject of email filtering and the use of
Eudora, does anyone have any sugestions for converting Mac Eudora files to
PC format. Though the general operation of Eudora on both platforms looks
similar, the formats are not the same. Is there possibly a third party
utility for performing such conversions?

Regards

Simon Baker

>Not a lot has been said on managing our lots of e-mail...
>
>Question...What do you use to filter ALL your Metastock-list's post?
>
>	The aim of course is to separate it from your urgent daily personal
>post in the In box into a separate  directory (Explorer)    {or mailbox
>(Eudora) etc.}
>	Then when you have got time (late nights) you can focus on just
>reading this lists' post.
>Some Answers
>>>>>

>I use Eudora Pro and my Metastock List filter is:
>
>--------
>
><any header> containing metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Transfer to "Metastock List" mailbox.
>
><<<<
>>>>>

> Both Netscape and Outlook Express  have email filtering available - you
>just have to know where to look. To get at  it in Outlook Express, select
>Tools, Inbox Assistant. After you make some  selections, you can even
>apply it to a folder, such as your Inbox to move all  the metastock
>related stuff into a metastock directory. Some stuff still slips through
>the cracks if someone does a BCC, where metastock is hidden, but that
>doesn't happen  too often.  This one feature has saved me much time and
>agony  in manually cleaning out my Inbox. Now I never allow messages to
>accumulate in  my Inbox.
><<<<
>

>For IE 5:
>
>Apply this rule after the message arrives
>Where the To or CC line contains 'metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
>Move it to the Metastock folder
>
><<<<
>

>I use Outlook Express's "Inbox Assistant".    I also have    many filters
>within the Metastock List, deleting all messages containing "Virus"    for
>example.
>

><<<<

Simon Baker
Room 737
Department of Chemistry and Felix
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London  SW7 2AY.

Tel. 0171-594-5813 (work)               0181-679-4039 (home)
       0171-594-5805 (fax)                   0976-727621  (mobile)