Buy-Sell Stops

Let's suppose the Jul Wheat  is at 248.0.  You  think it will continue
UP, so you place a Buy Stop day order at 251.25.  The broker then asks
about a sell-stop.  Even tho it's a tad close, you give him a GTC
Sell-Stop at 246.0.. Question--- What happens if  the Wheat piddles
around for an hour or so, then tanks to 245.00.  So, did I get snookered?
  Sure, if it had rapidly advanced to 252, before taking a dive, I can
see that it was just lousy luck.  This is also the reason why  I usually
wait until the buy condition is hit before giving a stop (get me the hell
out order).   So---anyone else have any unpleasant experience such as
this???   T.C.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]