Sentiment - unchanged, mixed

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 5 / 25 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 5/17 through 5/23 on the
Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 297

30 day outlook:

41% bullish,  41% last week
41% bearish,  41% last week
19% neutral,  19% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 5/28: 10,858 (it
was 10,906 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Just when we thought we had seen it all in terms of sentiment, we
got a curve ball this week. The sentiment numbers are completely
*unchanged* this week, at least when rounded to the nearest whole
digit. The bulls and bears both stayed dead even at 41%. Neutral
sentiment stayed at 19%. Given last weeks modest sell off, this data
would seem to slightly favor the bears. But it is difficult to draw
a very strong conclusion with no change in the sentiment readings.

And now a small plea...in the last few weeks the number of
participants in our Guess the Dow contest has drifted off somewhat.
Please stop by and put in your guess for next week's DJIA. The more
participation we get, the better this data will be! Please stop by
to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker