sentiment - mixed

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 5 / 17 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 5/10 through 5/16 on the
Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 307

30 day outlook:

41% bullish,  52% last week
41% bearish,  38% last week
19% neutral,  10% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 5/7: 10,906 (it
was 10,800 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Last week's bullish sentiment of 52% gave off some warning signs,
and last week the DJIA had its first negative week in seven weeks.
Bullish sentiment moderated this week, dropping 11% to 41%. Bearish
sentiment rose slightly to 41%. Investors grew less confident in
their outlook, as neutral sentiment almost doubled to 19%.

A pullback in bullishness is to be expected after the first down
week in almost two months, and that is what we got. With bullish and
bearish sentiment dead even, this week's numbers don't seem to give
much clue as to near term market direction. It is the nature of
sentiment data to sometimes give great insight and other times
provide no clue. This week's sentiment numbers appear to fall in the
latter category.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker