Re: virus protection

From: Chuck Engstrom <engstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: virus protection

> All -- I notice that the above says: "will check and clean any infected
> e-mail attachments when you open them." My understanding is that with the
> HAPPY99.EXE virus (and I would assume many others as well), "when you open
> (it)" is already way too late.

Hi Chuck,
 Reading the e-mail will NOT infect your computer, If your virus information
is
up-to-date and you try to open the infected file (usually an .exe, .com,
.bat, ect..)
with your AV "Real Time Protection" on the AV will halt the exucution of the
infeted file and will prevent. So there shouldn't be any probelm if your
using
a good AV.

  Best wishes,
      Adam Hefner.