Re: stochastic distribution

Thanks Chuck for your reply

Slide #17 of the series confirms what you said, i.e., " ... u is the
stochastic or random term ..."

http://econ-www.newcastle.edu.au/economics/econ245/lecture2/sld015.html

Slide 16 "A Stochastic Model"
lists the  General form of the equation
a Specific Linear form of the equation
and a Stochastic form of the equation

Where the "u" is the error or disturbance term in the Stochastic form of the
equation.

James Holter's April 1998 article "Model-building Basics" in Futures
Magazine has a similar chart and long article on regression analysis.

So it's off to work ... lots to learn.

Howard Simons sent this back to me.

"Nothing illogical about Nos. 3 and 5.  Remember, this is the stochastic
relationship of the open-to-close in relationship to the daily range..."

Best regards

Walter