Sentiment - bearish

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 4 / 26 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 4/19 through 4/25 on the
Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 333

30 day outlook:

21% bullish,  12% last week
46% bearish,  56% last week
33% neutral,  32% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 4/30: 10,335 (it
was 10,242 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bearish sentiment moderated somewhat this week, but still remained
very high. The bears dropped 10% to 46%, while the bulls picked up
9% to 21%. Neutral sentiment remained very high, gaining 1% at 33%.

With the DJIA up 197 points last week we would expect more bulls
this week, and we got them. However, bearish sentiment remains
suprisingly high and seems to point to higher prices.

Finally, as me mentioned last week, we have noticed some correlation
between very high neutral readings (which we consider greater than
30%) and impending high volatility.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker