library of excel code

Hi Manoj, Cab, Chuck, etc.

Thanks for your idea. "... insert comments in cells for future reference."

I've tried that plus Ton's idea.

Some worksheets have comments for every column. After "lots" of
worksheets/books, I can't remember where the columns are. <G> That's why I
collect up the cell-code and email them to myself for "binder" storage /
reference.

Transfer to "notebook" ends up with weird stuff happening. It must be my
"magic" touch.

e.g. ... Cab asked me this question.

"... One really basic thing I'd like to figure out is how to do the
equivalent of Average(Price,Length) where Price would refer to column A,
B, or whatever, but Length would be a variable, set for example at the
top of the spreadsheet (i.e., instead of Average(B13:B21). I'm guessing
that you need to use the Offset, Match, etc. type functions, but haven't
quite figured it out yet."

I'm still searching through workbooks / sheets to find out if I've ever used
anything different.

Maybe Chuck has something on his TASC CD of different excel code used for
moving averages.

Best regards

Walter