Internet Stocks, is the Party Over or just Suspended?

  • To: Equis Metastock Listserv Post <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Internet Stocks, is the Party Over or just Suspended?
  • From: Daniel Martinez <DanM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 01:13:27 -0500 (EST)

Now that my system works the way it's supposed to, I took a look at !IIX.  I have 2 !IIX charts setup in my MetaStock v6.52 Net layout.  Has anyone noticed how the Relative Strength Comparative for !IIX has not made new highs?    I uploaded some charts to my personal web space for you to study.  Feel free to click on them and inspect them.  Let me know what you think.  I can use suggestions and advice from experienced chartists about use of indicators, finding patterns such as cup with handles & saucers, and especially MetaStock formula writing. Make a Relative Strength Comparative with !SPX. Notice how it has not been able to go above its 2/1 and 3/11 highs?  I guess MetaStock is telling us there are better investments out there, for now. http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel.htm Make a Comparative Price ROC (divide) for 50 days and put a 20 MOV EXP on it.  Notice how it has fallen below the MOV? http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel-ROC.htm Even the Comparative 14 day RSI has been lower highs and lows. http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel-Rsi.htm Both short term !IIX Stochastics and Price ROC are giving sell signals. http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Stoch.htm http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-ROC.htm Daniel.   All of the above are my opinions and meant for educational purposes only!