Excel & MS links

Hi CMA

"Would appreciate any references for programs which can do that link-up
between MSPRO data files (EOD) and Excel."

Yes Ton has done a great job, I'm indebted to him for all of the help that
he has given me.

As to your questions re link-ups, I've decided to download the data from the
web sites directly into Excel.

I like FREE data and will work hard to get FREE data. So I'm as much in the
dark about direct links from Metastock to Excel as you are. Since I don't
have any confidence that "improvements" will show up any time soon, I'll
just avoid that area.

The bottom line is that Excel has a "web query" dialog screen, Metastock
doesn't. You can write query text files to give instructions to access most
web sites. The access codes to the sites are easily available also.

The link from Excel to Metastock appears to be "no problem", so that's a
"keeper" for me.

As for modern anti-virus technology ... I'll reserve judgement on that too.
I'll use it, but my first line of defense is to "hit the delete button" for
anyone that I don't know and trust.

Best regards

Walter