RE: Y2K solution for Metastock for DOS

Guy,

Find a "spare computer". Set its date ahead eg 10 Jan 2000. Append a few
2000 records to a test security using Downloader 6.52. Then make torough
tests in the Metastock Dos program.

The only chance I see it work with minimum risk is if the 2-char date range
was already a
26/25 handled as 1926/2025 (or any similar design eg 30/29 as 1930/2029) at
that time the Dos program was written.
If it was a 00/99 (for 1900/1999) scheme instead, then 1 Jan 2000 will
older than 31 Dec 1999 for all Metastock Dos modules relying on the date
(if any).

Would really interesting to know. I never came to the original
Metastock/Computrac spec document, and already read 2 date ranges flavours
from Equis, one from CSI, and yet another mention of yy=00/99.

-- Alain