Re: Daytrading from home setup

Ton Maas,

YES.
Bridge acquired the Dow Jones Markets last March from Dow Jones. The
acquisition was completed last June and Bridge changed the brand DJM back
to its original Telerate so it's now called Bridge Telerate. In fact, Bridge
almost
discarded everything in its acquired DJM assets EXCEPT the ACTIVE1
technology
 and Telerate staff, and most importantly, Bridge successfully took over the
complete
 Telerate institutional clients all over the world, that's estimated to near
hundred of
thousands, and swept out one of the few strong competitors. Besides, Bridge
inherited Telerate's contract with Omega Research to co-work out Telerate's
version of TradeStation. The present Telerate TradeStation5.0 (YES, it's
called
32 bit version 5.0 since December 1997, or 1996?) will not (never) be Y2K
compliant, and Bridge Telerate recommended customers to upgrade to the
BridgeStation or Telerate Plus wich is already Y2K compliant.

Now how about the TradeStation? Bridge is scheduled to release this Q3 the
Y2K
compliant TradeStation (no doubt that's the Omega TradeStation2000i) as an
add-on to its BridgeStation or Telerate Plus, price not yet determined (or
announced).
What's the difference between BridgeStation & Telerate Plus? I don't know.
BUT,
my previous Dow Jones Telerate (brand before changed to Dow Jones Markets)
sales representitive invited me last month to demo the "new product" they
had just
introduced into Taiwan last year end. It's BridgeStation. It's the ultimate
package
of BridgeStation, the Bridge Plus package ( you could browse through
Bridge's
homepage to see what packages they offer as BridgeStation), powered by the
BridgeFeed delivered to the client's desktop vis 64K lease line (in US they
require
two 64k lease lines). Do you know what happened? I received the official
price list
that afternoon and it's titled "Telerate Plus", the one the present Telerate
TradeStation
 users are asked to upgrade to after this Q3. Now you know that Telerate has
died
to re-born as Telerate Plus, which is essentially the BridgeStation
integrated with
Telerate's key technology, mainly the Active1 data retrieving/presenting
technology.

I'm enjoying and completely welcoming this development. I ever said that

Reuters is yesterday's authority, Bloomberg is today's hero, and tomorrow...
Tomorrow I bet on Bridge!

One thing not so certain and really to my doubt:
Bridge and FutureSource announced last month to form a new company
FutureSource/Bridge,
FutureSource is majority and Bridge is minority and will be operated by the
FutureSource
management staff. This is not usual because Bridge is accustomed to
acquiring its competitors
or at least must be the controlling majority, as it had done to Knight
Ridder Financial in 1996
and Dow Jones Markets/Telerate in 1998. I do hope that the formation of the
new company will
result in a super BridgeStation or whever it's called integrating the stenth
of both FutureSource
and Bridge and MUST be delivered via Bridge's network. It's impractical to
hope FutureSource's
network (release line or sattelite broadcasting) to reach Taiwan in the near
future.

Another thing to monitor:
FutureSource has just announced its own "TradeStation-killer" program -
FutureSource Professional
to be released on March.

Now my dream:
BridgeStation Plus comes with FutureSource Professional built-in and Omega
Research ProSuite
2000i Platinum Edition add-on, Advanced GET Real Time using Omega's
GlobalServer, with Aspen
Graphics optional, all delivered to my dual Pentium III - 500
4-Monitors(19") Windows2000 Server
desktop via two 64K lease lines. And since Bridge allows Internet connection
through its TCP/IP
networks (with no extra ISP and transmission media fees) I can have CQGNET
(Internet version
of CQG under beta testing) delivered to me through the same Bridge's lease
lines, and utilizing
this much more reliable and stable Internet connection for e-trading US
stocks and forex and
global stock index futures.

When? No later than this year end, hopefully late Q3.

Cost? No more than US$2,500/mo (excluding exchange fees) to my estimate. Or
the same amount
with CQGNET excluded and exchange fees included, roughly what Reuters
charged me with their
sluggish Markets 3000(with the costly "compulsory" RBB - Reuters Business
Briefing "optional",
which also contributes much to my anti-Reuters emotion).

Have I answered your curiosity?

Marvin Lin
marvlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

?