From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of jr
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 1999 6:15 PM
To: Metastock List
Subject: Metastock System Tester EOD

Concerning the Metastock EOD System Tester, in its Testing
Options dialog there are two Trade Price options as to an
Entry Price and an Exit Price, each with an optional Delay.

The Entry Price and an Exit Price can both be set to
O, H, L, C, respectively.

I would be very interested to know what the idea is behind
the option to choose either the High or the Low price
with or without a delay as well!

If I could know any days High or Low price until the market
closed I certainly would get very rich in a very short time!

Unfortunately, these prices are unknown to anyone until the
end of the day. But even when I ask my system to use
either one of them with a delay of one or more days, it
would make no sense, because it is not guaranteed for prices
to return to that High or Low on the next or any one day!

So, if I get it right, those High and Low options make no
sense at all. Please help me what I am missing here.

For now, the fastest way to react would be to act on the
close with a 0 day Delay.

To really react on a certain day, I had to know the min/max
price which is necessary to have my system issue a signal
so I can call my broker at the end of the day.

The only way I see until now to get this price is to
manually enter many prices on a trial and error base.

It would be much easier to have the computer
compute this value.

What do you all think?

Regards - JR