Re: IRL & vol.

A workaround is to split all your IRL's historical data Volume by 100.
                                 ---------------------------
>From DL652-Help(dlwin.wri): (Page: N/A   Description: Added)
Added - Adjust Data for Multiple Securites
               You can now adjust data for securities without opening the datasheet for
               each security. This feature is accessed by choosing
              "Adjust Data for Multiple Securities" from the Tools menu.
                                  --------------------------
-In the Downloader, go to Tools and click on the brand new "Multi" Adjust Tool,
    eg "Adjust Data for Multiple Securities".
-In the Adjust Data etc. Dialog Window Browse for and Open the (first) folder
   holding the IRL Securities(you can later do the same for the next IRL folder).
   Note that it will split the entire folders contents, eg the securities, unless
   you make the next adjustments.
   a.-In the Securities Window click on the first security at the top, so Win95 knows
        it is being selected, then scroll down to the last security, hold the "Shift"-key
        down and click on the last security(this will select All the securities)
   b.-With the "CTRL"-key pressed down you can un-select any securities you do
        not want to be adjusted, otherwise continue
   (Equis Support, note that the Help button here returns an Error #129-"This Help-file
   doesn't excist. Get in touch with your supplier for a re-newed Help-file").
-Press Adjust. This will get you to the "old" (from Manual Adjust) known Adjust Tool.
-As the First Date type - something like 01/01/50
-As the Last Date type  - 01/13/99
   (this is asuming that all secs are "equal", eg for the Last Date and also as the first
    date is not important here)
-Click to apply Volume on the small box
-Choose to Divide
-Type 100 for the Split Factor Ratio
-Un-click all of the other small boxes(eg the O-H-L-C-OI)
-Press Adjust
Repeat these steps for any of the next (IRL) folder(s).
Note: Make back-ups or do some try-outs first as the Adjust command is innevetible
          and cannot be reversed using f.i. an Undo command.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

DL652-Help: search for "Adjust"  | data fields manually
Adjust Menu

When a security splits or pays a distribution, the historical data for that security
must be adjusted appropriately.  The commands in the Adjust menu are used to
make these adjustments to your data.  This menu is only available when a
datasheet is open. The Adjust menu commands are also available by
right-clicking on the data pane(s) you want to change.

More:

Distribution
Split
Manual
Split

The Split command is used to adjust the price data and volume for a stock split.
 A company usually splits its stock (often 2 shares for 1) in order to decrease
the price, thereby increasing its liquidity.
The Split command cannot be selected if a composite is displayed in the
datasheet.  Composite price data cannot be edited or adjusted directly
(see Opening a Composite).
Please use caution when applying this command.  Once an adjustment is made,
it may be difficult to bring the data back to its original state.

You are prompted to enter the range of data by typing the first and last dates to split.
First Date.  This is almost always the first date in the datasheet or the first date in the
                     selected data panes.
Last Date.  This is the day before the security's price changed.
Ratio.  The default split Ratio amount is automatically calculated based on the change
                     in the security's price following the split (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc.).
When a stock splits, the historical prices must be adjusted to reflect the split.  For
example, if XYZ company has a 2 for 1 stock split, shareholders will receive two
shares for each share that they own.  To keep the total market value of the stock equal,
the price per share is reduced by one-half.  Therefore shareholders will have twice as
many shares at half the price.  Stock splits are usually done in order to increase the
liquidity of the stock.

When price data is adjusted for a stock split, the volume is also affected.  For example,
in a 2 for 1 split where prices are cut in half, the volume is doubled so that the market
value remains unchanged.

More:

To adjust data for a split
To adjust data for a split using the right-click commands

Manual

The Manual command is used to manually adjust the price data for the selected
datasheet.  Each data field for every record within the security file can be adjusted
by using a combined operation and weighting factor.  For example, you could
multiply all the volume records in the security by 100 (a common adjustment when
switching data vendors) using the Manual command.
The Manual command cannot be selected if a composite is displayed in the
datasheet.  Composite price data cannot be edited or adjusted directly
(see Opening a Composite).

Please use caution when applying this command.  Once adjustments are made, it
may be difficult to bring the data back to its original state.
An Operation drop-down list box and a Factor box appear to the right of each of the
data fields.  These are used to specify adjustments to the individual data fields.
Operation.  Choose the desired operator to use when adjusting the data field.
Factor.  The Factor is the value by which the data field will be adjusted.  For example,
adjusting the volume by a factor of 100 (either multiplying or dividing) is often
necessary when switching between data vendors.

Dates to adjust.  You are prompted to enter the range of data by typing the first and
last dates to adjust.  For example, if you switched data vendors and need to adjust
all your old volume data, you would likely enter the first date in the file in the
First date box, and the date before you switched in the Last date box.

More:

To adjust the volume
To manually adjust data using the right-click commands
To adjust the volume (data for a single security)

1.	Choose Open from the File menu (or select an open datasheet).
2.	Select the security you wish to adjust.  The datasheet will appear.
3.	Choose Manual from the Adjust menu.
4.	Check the Volume box.
5.	For the Volume data field, choose the multiplication or division Operation,
               depending on the type of adjustment needed.  Enter the value by which you
               want to adjust the volume in the Factor box.  Leave the other fields at their
               default setting.

For example, if you want to divide all the volume in the security file by 100, choose
 the division Operation and enter "100" for the Factor.

6.	Enter the range of dates to adjust in the First date and Last date boxes.
7.	Click the OK button.
To manually adjust data using the right-click commands

1.	Choose Open from the File menu (or select an open datasheet).
2.	Select the security to adjust.  The datasheet will appear.
3.	Select the desired date range to adjust.
4.	Right-click on the selected area and select Manual from the pop up menu.
                The command's dialog will appear displaying the selected date range.