Re: I downloaded Elwave 5.0

  • To: "Metastock-List" <Kevin243@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: I downloaded Elwave 5.0
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:50:20 -0500 (EST)

With the attached GIF as solution, you have a starting point to work on it.
Though, your now  -able to be maintained-  F*DOP files ought to first get updated
with your historical data, I assume.
For this, apply the Maintain F*DOP Option provided for you in the Downloader, and
start to convert your current Downloaders (historical) data files into the either ASCII
or Excel files format first and then re-convert them back into the Downloader's
-now F*DOP maintained- data files base.
Then "import" or Open them in ELWAVE again to see if this workaround has enabled
you to fix your problem(s).

As far as I know, the latest "MS65to652-EOD" Patch (and this is also asuming you
have correctly applied the latest correct "01/26/99" Patch's version) did not make
any patching up changes or adjustments to your MetaStock Data Files base.
But to be absolutely 100% sure in this, I suggest you to get in touch with Equis Support
for the correct answer.

Have also send this mail "cc" to Prognosis, eg for them to be better able to help you
out further with your problem. I am sure the friendly people at Prognosis will not let you,
or anyone else for that matter, swim in this unknown deep ocean called software(conflicts).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

By the way anyone wanting to have these type of screenshots too, in Win95/98/NT :
1.-"Open" all windows what you want to see as the future to be GIF
2.-Orginize the Opened windows in an arranged manner
3.-Press the "PrintScreen" button to copy screen contents to Clipboard
     A. -this is for FULL screen wide pictures or
     B. -press "ALT+PrintScreen" at same time for the Active Window contents to be copied only
4.-PASTE into any of your Picture programs,eg MSPAINT, MSOffice's PhotoED, Paint Shop,etc.
5.-Then "Save as" GIF file to disk
Note that you can also "Save as" in the JPEG or TIFF 4 formats for the upper best quality, but
will give you very large file sizes.
Note that this way too, will enable users to send complete MetaStock Layouts(eg 3+ Charts) in
a very modest good quality file size.
The below picture was 'sreenshotted' using the HARDCOPY picture program, and this program
enables me to down reduce normal GIF files by factor 5+:1(eg 200 Kb GIFs down to 20-40 Kb).