FW: Results Re:Volunteers Tests 1&2

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Tann [mailto:grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 1999 5:00 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Results Re:Volunteers Tests 1&2

Dan

Remember my new e-mail address:

	grt@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The 768Kbs ADSL is working great.  I can get used to this half T-1 speed.
Think I might prefer the greater speed of a cable modem (and lower cost) but
our great cable company is a couple of years away and DSL is here and now.
Plus GTE had a special through 1/31.  If you signed up for a year's
contract, they gave you the modem for free as well as all installation.

Couldn't pass up the bargain <G>.

In term of switching months in our continuous contracts, we "never" trade
during delivery month.  I had to qualify that never, because there are
always exceptions, like shortages of product and holding a long contract,
etc.

We usually switch months as soon as the new month's OI exceeds the active
month's OI.  I usually try to switch on a Monday, but sometimes I forget.
Now this does vary with financials and indexes, but holds  fairly true for
most agricultural commodities, etc.

With regards to Y2K, I think I'll make up a database and see what happens.

The reason I'm still using MS for DOS 4.5 is because when I made the
conversion to MS for Windows, my application went crazy.  By that, I mean
that I could still do the calculations, however they took 30 times longer
for MS for Windows to work, and MS for Windows used my hard drive as a
scratch work area.  The system sounded like it was grinding coffee <G>.  I
worked with MS support for months trying to figure out why this would be, to
no avail.  The automated conversion to 6.5 was totally worthless and the
system never worked even poorly as it did previously.  For some reason, the
DOS version blows the socks off the Windows version.  I take, maybe a minute
to do some of my calculations under DOS, and over 30 minutes with the
Windows version (same data, same machine).

My thought is to check out version 6.52 to see if I can get that to work
well (without taking all of the time necessary to do it) and then move on to
Visual Basic, etc.

Regards

Guy