Re: Conversion of Data

Your security is probably set for EOD data(daily,weekly,momthly). To change this
to RT data, you will have to make up a/more New secutity(ies) in the Downloader,
but this time based on intraday data for its feed(Intraday).

In Downloader click New|Security and in the dialog window add the
name+address+symbol+date+PERIODICITY(Intraday)+units+open+o/i
etc. etc. and then click on OK.

Then convert your ASCI data feed to that security's folder and make sure that the
data feed files lines holds the " I " character instead of " D"  as can be
seen in the following example(note: with the ONLY proper ASCI headers)

<TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYMMDD>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOL>,<OPENINT>
INDEX,D,981030,100,110,99,100,375,0
INDEX,I,981030,100,110,99,100,375,0

In CSV files replace any comma by semi-colons(in this do you understand why it is called
Comma Separated Values ????? when SEMI-COLONS are the only PROPER diviors????????
making it a Semi-Colon Separated Values as file type??????)
Very clever indeed!!

Read (but do not use) also as :
tickersymbol,periodicity,date,open,high,low,close,volume,open intrest
then note the PERIODICITY character has changed.

Remember, however, that the standard MS60 program(MSWin) is an EndOfDay(EOD)
program only and that it is not at all equiped for Real Time, handling Intraday Prices.
The MS subprogram DL60 can do so tho, but ofcourse only on data.
But as these are 2 separate programs(!!!!) -no one knows why- they come on disc as
one(1) program and but as such ARE NOT compatible, eg capable to handlle each
others "complementairy" database(!!!!).

To enable yourselve to display the database, you will have to get the REAL TIME
version(MS651) also made available and made known by Equis as the Profesional edition,
however that "Professional" part raises the very big question/makes you wonder what
the EOD version has as it Users, perhaps only the left over Amateurs ??????

Just get rid of this  -again-  no one knows why(???) "professional" naming convention and
refer to it as the Real Time(MSRT), as I as a Professional, have to deal with its shortcomings
daily, examples are the missing Tools, not found in either version.

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx