Re: HTML usage

  • To: hende@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: HTML usage
  • From: UG <ug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:32:21 -0400 (EST)

D.Henderson writes:
> At 04:14 AM 10/25/98 GMT, Christian Baude wrote:
> >
> >!@#$! Ummmm.... Maybe the HTML set could be disabled in Eudora for
> >this forum? or am I backwards?  I have HTML capability, but turned it
> >off as a courtesy. Opinion?
> >
> >-= Chris ß =-
> >
> Thanks for the courtesy, Chris, and the translation!
> You are not backwards.
> Some of us, UG incuded, can not handle HTML.
> Please no HTML messages!
> Thanks!

Wow; thought I was the only one.

I can _handle_ HTML, inasmuch as it's just text + 'a lot of other crap',
but I prefer not to read it where it isn't needed.  It's my opinion that
it's not needed here.

BUT, having said all that, I've sort of solved my dilemma.  I simply
filter it out.  Yup, any mail that starts with "<HTML>" gets filtered
into the bit-bucket.  Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot, throwing
out the baby with the bath-water, or 2 other pithy cliche's, but at
least I don't see those entries any more.

But, yes, I'd much rather just have those entries in a common format
that has worked just fine for 20+ years.

--
You know how most packages say "open here". What is the protocol if the
package says, "open somewhere else"?