Re: MACD histogram

I was reading in Trading for a Living by Dr.Elder about the MACD Histogram. He
says to obtain the MACD and the MACD-histogram take the following steps:
	Calulate the 12 day and 26 day expotential moving averages of the closing
prices

	subtract the 26 day EMA from the 12 day EMA to obtain the fast MACD line.

	Calculate a 9 day EMA of the fast MACD line to obtain the slow Signal line.
Plot both lines to obtain the classic MACD indicator

	Subtract the Signal line from the the MACD line to obtain the MACD histogram.

I hope this helps unfortunately he did not show the formula however I imagine
it is the same for theMACD plus the last bullet.

John