MetaStock Update Requests

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>There are several improvements that I would like
to see made in the next version of MetaStock. If there is a fix for any of these
problems I would appreciate any suggestions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>1. I update 8000 plus stocks for my IRL files on
a weekly basis. I update my Index database and about 150 stocks on a nightly
basis. The 8000 plus stocks are in 100 plus industry groups. When the downloader
function starts it first checks the files from the previous download. This means
that if my last download was the 8000 plus variety I have to sit through 2-3
minutes of wasted time as the downloader verifies the previous 8000 plus files
even if I only want to download 1 stock. Why is it necessary to sit through the
process of verification of the previous download list when that list is not the
list which I want to use during the current download.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>2. When opening files in MetaStock across
different directories I have found that if you change the file type from Smart
Chart to Chart after navigating to a new directory I get booted out of the new
directory. It seems to be necessary to select the file type change before
navigating to a new directory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>3. I have had problems adding certain symbols to
charts in the past and the current version 6.51 seems to have this problem. If I
select some of the arrow or thumb symbols the symbol disappears when I move the
cursor to the chart. If I try to drop the symbol on the chart a symbol will
appear but it can not be place accurately since the mouse is
invisible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>If there is a solution to any of these problems
I welcome any suggestions.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Thu Oct 15 20:06:27 1998