Re: Quotemonster

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Fernand Levesque wrote:

> Downloaded all software and run the install.bat, but unable to run
> the software. What have I done wrong ????. Would appreciate if someone
> could walk me trough the installation .

(There is no need to quote so much in a reply - thanks.)

If perl in installed correctly, you should be able to run:

perl -v

and some version info should be displayed. If not, type:

path

at the command line and see if the directory containing perl.exe is
included. If not, add it to the path. If you get the version info, then
try running:

perl qmd

while you are connected to the Internet. Without any error messages it is
impossible to diagnose your problem, but this is some general info which
should help anyone having a problem gettting started with perl. If you
send me an error message you are getting by private mail I may be able to
give you a tip to get you going.

HTH. HAND.

Cheers,

Jim