RE: can metastock do flip flops?

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: can metastock do flip flops?
  • From: "Guy Tann" <grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 01:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

Onno

I didn't have the time to add your second condition, but this is a copy of
one that I know works.

Fml#1:  If(RSI(14),<,30,+1,if(rsi(14),>,70,-1,0))
Fml#2:  If(mov(fml(#1),2,E),>,0,+1,-1)

Once you hit an RSI(14) of < 30, this will set the indicator in Fml #2 to +1
and it will stay set until you hit an RSI(14) > 70, when it will turn to -1.
This is MS DOS 4.5 code.  It just dawned on me that maybe we're talking
about two different things here.  What we call a binary wave is a signal
that once triggered, stays triggered until another condition is hit.  I hope
we're talking about the same thing.

If we are, this should work.  Now all you have to do is add the OR
conditions and it should still work.

Hope this helps.

Guy