Re: If you believe in Fibs

I feel Joel Williams comments on the Secular Bull Market sent Wed
12:23 have very uncomfortable odds of being correct.  And it is
October.  Here is more grist for the mill.  Comments pro and con??
The attachment is somewhere down below {:-)

Bill,

Sorry for the delay.  I had to download a program so I could convert
MetaStock files to gif before I could send this.  It is my first
attempt so
I hope it works properly.  I may send it to the FT list as I think it
is
interesting and most of them only have data to 9/1/88.  Sometimes a
longer
range view is helpful.  It would appear that for the intermediate term
the
Market is at a moment of truth.  Gil Raff's Regression Channel is
quite
reliable.  Let's hope it doesn't give a 50% retracement of this
Secular Bull
Market. It often happens.

fletch wrote:

> bill
>
> sorry to bother you   -  could you send a gif  on this - my  data only
> goes back
> as far as ' 88 .
>
> rgrds
>
> bill greening
>
> Bill Saxon wrote:
>
> > Drawing a Fib from 1984 to the peak in July we bounced exactly at a
> > retracement of 23.6% at 946 on the cash S&P.  We may break that
> > decisively today at the close.  If so Fibs would indicate the next
> > support at 38.2% or 790.  That's some lick.  But as the money managers
> > say when you have lost half your money - think of the wonderful buying
> > opportunity that lies ahead.  What are the market timers Models
> > saying??
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\S&P4.gif"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\S&P5.gif"