RE: Do these skis actually make the turns for you?

Neal

We've been successfully using mechanical systems for a lot longer than 25
years.  Have to say that it's not the same mechanical system :).  The
markets, relationships, etc. are constantly in a state of flux requiring
constant maintenance of various mechanical systems (or tweaking as we like
to refer to it).

What we used in the 1950s stopped working by 1970.  Stuff we used in the
1970s quit working in the late 70s.  Systems in the 80s worked great but do
not work currently.  What we're doing now bares no relationship to those
prior systems, other than most of the underlying techniques and basic
indicators are the same.  It's how we use our indicators and how we put them
together that changes.

Earlier this year, we changed our trading rules when I noticed that T Bonds
had decoupled in a major way from equities.  Prior to this decoupling, we
used to wait on trading the S&Ps until Bonds didn't have an opposite signal.
Now they seem to be going their own unique way.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you meant that you don't know of anyone
using the "same" or "basically the same" mechanical system for 25 years, I'd
have to agree with you.  If on the other hand, you are saying that no one
has used mechanical systems profitably for 25 years, I'd have to disagree
with you.

That's why I question purchasing black boxes, etc.

Regards

Guy