Re: Win 98

At 03:10 PM 9/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>A friend of mine's hard disk is some screwed up that he wants to just
>reformat, load Win98 from scratch and reinstall his programs.  Can he
>do this with the Upgrade edition that is sold for about $90?  Thanks.

   If he has WIN_95 installed, it would fly.  But after the format,  (no
upgradeable product )
he will have a problem or two.

   I have been able to install the upgrade on a new hard drive. One of the
messages
(complaints from 98) will allow you the option to use the original WIN_95
disk instead of the upgradable produce.   The win_95 should be a FULL
Install disk, not an upgrade disk.

 After the win_98 install sees the win_95 disk, the installation will
complete without any other problems.

 Another trick that will work, is to have another hard disk plugged up that
has win_95 installed on it.   This disk would typically be D or E or whatever.

 It can be a pain, as can any task when win_anything is involved.

 Wayne