Re: can metastock do flip flops?

If(
Ref(condA,-1)=1,
If(condB=1,-1,0),
If(condA=1,+1,0))

The above will only gives you the spike-signals.
A buy signal(+1) is given when the buy is true and a sell signal(-1) for a true sell.
Otherwise gives a "continious" 0(zero).

If you want the indicator not only to signal but also to remain in that position until
condition changes, the usage of a standard binairy wave incl. a single IF statement
will do just that.

If(condA=1,+1,-1)

This will give you:
A buy signal when valid(+1) until a sell signal is triggerd; making the sell signal valid(-1)
until a buy signal is triggerd.

When viewed in a chart it is the Mother of all choppy indicators.
Metastock, unfortunatly, is not equiped to permenantly record any of its previously
created results reports, and as such cannot re-use the data stored in the "dta" files.
Another sub-program, much like another "Downloader" is therefore required.

Can imagine that another one of such a sub-program will save lots of time when doing
any of the daily required "optimise" scan explorations or "optimise" system testings.
Therefore that sub-program is also very badly needed, and very urgently required.

As suggestion forwarded to suggestions@xxxxxxxxx

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx