Re: Yahoo - Intel May Take Stake In Micron Technology Inc., Reports CMP's Elect

In a message dated 9/26/98 5:38:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time, anthmaas@xxxxxx
writes:

> Second, referering to your chart, the "Shark pattern signal"s in 1996 and
> early 1998,
>  were they buy or sell?

A.J. Maas: The shark pattern signals, in the third window in the chart I sent,
were really just alerts showing that the shark pattern had occurred on those
days. The shark system is based on the close rising above levels set when the
shark pattern occurs. The levels are set by the high and low in the shark
pattern, and the close must break through them within 25 days of the signal.
The shark pattern, in other words, isn't a buy or sell signal.

The buy signals were shown in the second window of the chart I sent. The
window is labeled "Shark buy signal." Also, the signals are marked by green
arrows over the price plot in the first window of the chart.

I didn't include sell signals in the chart I sent earlier today. In the case
of MU, the sell signals weren't very good, to be honest.

I've attached a chart showing the buy and sell signals (bad as they are).

Brooke

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\MU25.gif"