I found few problems using MetaStock pro.

Metastock 6.51 Users,

Please find the low my letter to Equis support and their answers ( to my

opinion it isn't any answer)
Please let me know if somebody has the same problems and possible
solutions for them

Since the letter was sent I found another  problems using MetaStock pro,

After updating  intraday data the existing trendlines moved from their
places

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Michael

See answers inserted into questions below:

        MetaStock Professional will look for Winros when it is started
in Real Time mode.  You are not connected to Signal and do not have
Winros so you will want to start in end of day mode.

The MetaStock file format is proprietary and we do not release any
information about the actual file format.  However we do recognize that
many programmers, developers and users need to create and use MetaStock
data with other programs and we offer the MetaStock File Library (MSFL)
for this purpose.  MSFL is a programming library that allows you to read

MetaStock files for use with other programs.

We provide a complete description of MSFL on our web site.  Here is the
URL for this page.

http://www.equis.com/partners/msfl/

> II.
>
> I found another few problems using MetaStock pro.
>
> 1. I shifted data one day forward because in Israel trade week starts
> on
> Sunday but MetaStock weekly compression starts on Monday. Now I am
> unable to see ?today?s¦ data (with date of tomorrow).  The MetaStock
> 6.5
> doesn?t have this problem. Why?

        MetaStock Professional will compress weekly data with Sunday
starting dates.  How are you shifting the data one day forward?  Please
explain the steps you use to shift the data one day forward and compress

your charts.  Once we know what you are doing we can provide suggestions

to help.

> 2. MetaStock 6.5 can?t open charts that was opened with MetaStock 6.51

> pro.

        MetaStock Professional and MetaStock 6.5 use different formats
for their Smart Charts.  If you open a 6.5 chart in MetaStock
Professional it will convert the Smart Chart to the newer 6.51 Smart
Chart format.

        You can still open your charts in MetaStock 6.5 but you will not

be able to open them as Smart Charts because they are now in the newer
Smart Chart format.  To open one of these charts again in MetaStock 6.5
click File|New|Chart.

        Then double-click the chart to open it.  This will open the
chart as a New Chart instead of a Smart Chart.

        If you want to save this New Chart as the Smart Chart click
File|Save As.

        Click Save As Smart Chart, to place an X in this box, and click
Save.  Then answer yes when you are asked if you want to replace the
existing Smart Chart.

> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
> Thank You in advance
> Michael Ginzburg

George
Equis Support
http://www.equis.com/
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/
Please include previous email answers and questions in your response.