[Fwd: Error message. Help from Italy!]

Nino,

This is due to the fact that the developers of MetaStock Developers hav
a penchant for under-impressing.  The OHLCV data that is distributed by
MetaStock is riddled with missing days of data.  My research indicates
that the missing data for the most part corresponds to days that the
stock did not Trade.  Instead of being a day of missing data, that is
actually a day in which the Stock had zero Volume, and opened and closed
and had both a High and a Low at the Close of the previous day.

MetaStock provides the ability to do Stock Comparisons using the P
Array, but if your stock has missing days of data, when compared to the
Index (or whatever) to which it is compared, you will get the message
that you noted.

It would be trivial for MetaStock to modify their program to make the
assumption (based on calendar information if necessary) that missing
data should be filled in with the previous day's Close.  I was told by
Tech Support for the IRL (Investor's Reference Library) that their
software is written so that it fills missing days of data with the
previous Close.  I have exchanged several notes on this subject with
MetaStock and received no assistance from them.  They simply suggested
that the problem was with my data provider.  The fact they provided the
initial bad data on the disk (I assume to save space) did not seem to
phase them.

I even wrote a C++ program, called DATEFILL.EXE, that would fill in the
missing days in your stock and gave it to them to be provided to users
on their web site, but never saw it show up out there.

Feel free to send them a note asking them to add this capability to
there software.  If I receive a carbon copy of that note, I will be
happy to send you a copy of DATEFILL.EXE, although I will point out that
it becomes and ongoing maintenance headache if you do many stock
comparisons.  At the time I discovered this problem, I was tracking 9000
stocks.  Since then, I have narrowed that down to just 3000 stocks and
am still looking at ways to parse the list even further.

Good luck trading.

Later,
	Bob