Re: exploration data question

>"Machine seems very slow"

Cause: the complexity of your explorations conditions(esp. the "IF" and "Prev")
burdens on time required to calculate and temp store to the Temp Memory any
results from your 'pre-set' exploration formulas and when done, to write the final
results to Disk.
Also for this, straight out the fact that MS+sub-programs compute slow in general
has to be taken into account.

>"does Metastock physically move all the files each time or are the
      all centralized and just pointed to in the exploration filters for each test"

No. Though the Scanner does fall back into a "DOS" workroutine no "Move" files
commands are being excecuted. It does read the data on disk and then calculates
the 'defined' exploration formulas and writes final results directly to the "dta" files.
Any dta-file deletions will end in the loss of your exploration results. Each exploration
has its own unique "xx.dta"-file(xx = numbers). You can delete these from within
the Explorer, but this deleteing is basicaly not necessary as they get auto updated
with each of its particular new explorations.
Before any scan you have to point the Explorer to a required List of secs to explore,
this is automatically requested before an exploration is started and then auto created
by you applying the right securities to form a new List or as you are also given the
choice to apply an already pre-defined previously used List of secs.

Solutions could be:
-to cut down on exploration conditions in formulas
-to cut down on secs
-to cut down on explorations
-to have your computer tuned up for these very heavy workloads(+3000)

Regards,
Ton Maas
Ms-IRB@xxxxxxxxx