exploration data question

forgive my ignorance on this one...i have been using 2-3,000 symbols to do
a few nightly explorations...I have now expanded my symbol to around 5,000
and my explorations to 10...My machine seems very slow...here is my
qu..when I go to add files in the explorer and i add all 5,000 symbols from
different directories..to all 10 explorations..does Metastock physically
move all the files each time or are the all centralized and just pointed to
in the exploration filters for each test...if someone can tell me where to
find this info..as well..that would help as well... thanks...
	Have a nice day
	Jim Kerwin
	Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.