RE: Finally a Signal!

Jim

I sent you a Greenspan comment a while ago about my not believing that he
would ever do anything in time to do the market any good <G>.

Now if we could only get those idiots in Washington to develop a laisez
faire attitude, we'd all be better off <ggg>.

My bottom support in the channel this week is about 909, FWIW.  According to
my chart, we've got a pretty big channel to move around in.  From 909 to
1065.  I'd say there's enough room here to trade and do some damage.

What we have noticed is that with the increased volatility, we've had to
expand our visual stops.  For instance, we hit our visual stop yesterday,
but since we were near the top of the channel, we moved our visual stop to
just above the trend line and decided to wait it out.  Unfortunately, I was
poised to buy a bunch of OEX OTM Puts this morning, expecting EOD rally to
carry through into the AM.  Gang aft aglay, (sp?) as they say.

The Globex S&P for Dec. is down another 1.50 or so.  Meaningless, I know,
but today the actual market followed the Globex going into the open.  The
DJIA was down approx. 212 before the open.  I guess it opened up down almost
200.

I lost my old expert charts and got a method from Equis support today to try
to recapture them.  Let's see what happens, as my long term trend lines
aren't on this new, temp chart.

Regards

Guy