Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

Lionel,

"Anyone causing
this to happen, or contributing to it in any self-righteous way, should
be roundly condemned (whether hiding behind the law, or not) for
bringing shame on the dignity of the American people."

Only one person caused this and he occupies the oval office.

"Let well alone and don't allow
witch-hunts to ruin your national identity, and role in the world.
If you really feel you have to nail someone in high office, wait until
he is separated from that high office, for everyone's sake.
This from an outsider and is only MHO."

Lionel, good question . What makes this country as great as it is is that
our presidents do not make or break our country. We do not ride on their
backs, They ride on ours. This president no longer has the credibility to
make the kinds of decisions that might need to be made by a superpower. Can
he stand in front of this nation and send it's young men to die in a war
that he asks us to trust him on? Does he play scared and back off when Iraq
or North Korea builds missles because he's too worried about his approval
ratings ? Your question was a good one Lionel but the answer to it is that
this country is too great to have to put up with someone like that. We can
survive his fall.

                                                                Richie