Re: Persistency of Trend Probability

There is a probability here but I would say the ideal inputs to the
calculation are not price and volume. They are the economic conditions and
the nature of the environment the company is in.

Failing that it has been my experience the longer the trend has been in
effect the higher the probability it will remain intact for the next "short
term".

Look at Cdn bank stocks - they trended up for 3 years.  The probability of
their trend breaking down must have been low - but it eventually happened.

I thought your question was good.  As a trend follower I would be interested
if you come up with a formula.

David Duggan