Re: Weekly Pick

Jim, Bill...

I have to agree with you guys on the Candlesticks signals. I have tested
them extensively and found no real advantage to using them. I suppose
that they may be valuable to a discretionary trader looking at the chart
but then again, they didn't test out with any advantage so that
shouldn't help. I too have wondered when I see someone with trading
success saying they work. Candlesticks and their patterns are just a
clearer visual depiction of individual bar patterns, if we do pattern
analysis/system design using O,C,H and L it's really the same thing only
bar charts are simpler. A good example might be buy when C>(H+L/2), is
this a candlestick? If I said buy when C>(H+L/2) and C=H that may be a
"Shaven Curly/Moe/Larry" candlestick or something but not as robust as
the former. As a position trader, I personally see alot of intraday
action as noise, I don't want to emphisize that with candlesticks(this
would not be true if I were watching real-time intraday charts). Anybody
have an explanation/thoughts?
All this is simply MHO :-)

... John