Re: Week in Review - shorts on AMAT & NWAC

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Week in Review - shorts on AMAT & NWAC
  • From: Al Taglavore <altag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:03:49 -0400 (EDT)

Harley Meyer wrote:

> Last weeks trading in terms of bottom line was
> good. But in terms of decision making I am not
> very pleased with last week.
>
> NWAC - I had a little over $400 on the table. My
> mistake was not to realize that the stock wasn't
> really going lower in the short run as determined
> over the previous two days prior to the
> announcement of the strike ending. Then the strike
> ended and the $400 is now about $100 on my first
> 100 shares and -$100 on my second 100 shares. ========

HARLEY: The way I read this, you captured 50% of the move.  This is bad?
Larry Conners, who co-authored "Street Smarts" once told me that he is
pleased to capture 1/3 to 50% of a move.  It would appear to me that the
question is where would you re-enter the trade.

Know what they call a baseball player that doesn't get a hit 60% of the
time?   MVP.

Al Taglavore