Re: NBC's Talking Heads

Guy,
The 1067 was me dreaming of some big fat puts that I was going
to have the whole weekend to decide which "fatties" to pluck.
Back to the drawing board!  I almost always position on the
opening and today I tried to get cute with an OJ short.  Missed
the position by 50 points and ended up with the "bloody glove"
in my lap.  600 points later I was dreaming about my lost
opportunity, just like 1067.  Oh well, lumber and sugar are
making contract lows (from El Nino to La Nina in two quick
seasons).
Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: Guy Tann <grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: NBC's Talking Heads
> Date: Thursday, September 10, 1998 8:21 PM
>
> Steve
>
> What happened to our 1067????  There must have been too many
people waiting
> to jump on the short side of this market.  Are we going to
have an up day
> tomorrow???
>
> You're right about who wants to listen to an old futures
trader from
> Detroit.   I resemble that person.  Especially the old part
<g>.

> Guy

Karnish
> > Sent: Thursday, September 10, 1998 2:34 PM
> > To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: NBC's Talking Heads
> >

> > Guy,
> > You're not cynical enough...but, who wants to listen to a
> > futures trader from Detroit?
> > Steve Karnish
> > CCT
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Guy Tann <grtann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > To: Metastock <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Subject: NBC's Talking Heads
> > > Date: Thursday, September 10, 1998 12:45 PM
> > >
> > > I was watching and listening to the NBC Financial channel
> > today.  Let's see
> > > if I understand one of their resident geniuses.  Since the
low
> > on Sept.1, we
> > > have had higher highs and higher lows.  This is a bullish
> > pattern and looks
> > > like we'll keep moving up.  That's unless we break that
> > pattern.  Then that
> > > wouldn't be good.  With the market down (at that time) 250
> > points we still
> > > hadn't broken that last 'higher low' he was referring to.
> > >
> > > Now let's see if I understand him correctly.  Asia is in a
> > depression.
> > > Russia has collapsed, financially.  Central and South
America
> > are in
> > > trouble.  Mexico just raised their interest rates from 20%
> > 40%.  European
> > > markets are exposed to this turmoil.  Gee, that sounds
bullish
> > <g>.  Oh
> > > yeah, Starr delivered his report to Congress yesterday.
I'm
> > sure that's
> > > going to exonerate the President.  Nothing like stirring
the
> > pot a little
> > > and adding to the turmoil.
> > >
> > > Wait, I see a bright light.  10 year bonds have just
dropped
> > below 5% in
> > > rates.  That must be the reason we're in such a bull move.
 Of