Re: "Trade The Trend"

Andy/

It was good of you to respond.  I don't see that we have any
disagreement: I agree with all that you say, including that there are no
magic indicators.  (The Gann/Fib sect might stick pins in wax dolls of
us for saying so).

You are a surf-rider.  When the surf is up you ride the waves and when
things are merely choppy you stay home, so whipsaws are not an issue for
you.  That you are successful speaks for itself.  It takes skill and
experience to be a surf-rider, to continually adjust your stance
according to changing conditions.  If you wipe out you know how to
recover with least damage.

Many on this list are getting started in TA.  They cannot hope to
emulate your discretionary approach and prefer to go to sea in the
safety and comfort of a boat.  They look for a closed system with
defined entry and exit rules, indicators, filters, stop-losses, which
can be back-tested and optimised.  Hence the emphasis on the mechanical
approach.

Now that you have joined us I hope that you will continue to share your
experience with us.

Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada