RE: Time Zone

Frans

In terms of best market, my biggest concern is liquidity and safety.  By
safety, I mean governmental stability and liquidity of banking systems.

Look at what's happening in the world today with all kinds of barriers being
erected to the free flow of money.

With regard to those "3.3%" bonds.  I don't think you can use the Japanese
model as an example.  For the first several years of their world wide
expansion, they rode those low interest rates as a club.  Unfortunately they
read their own press releases.  I've worked with several Japanese
organizations here in So. CA, and I have to say I'm not too impressed.
Unless you're impressed with a herd mentality, decision by committee so
nobody will be wrong, and a work ethic that puts the company before all
else.  It didn't take much insight to realize that the pain and suffering we
(the US) went through with the Savings & Loan crisis as well as corporate
restructuring, would eventually give us a leg up on their structured
methodologies.  We need to learn from them as well.  It's not a one way
street.  We have to work on quality and service.  The service part is
difficult to concentrate on when you have downsized everything including
your underwear <G>.

The Japanese approach to interlock companies and financial institutions has
led them to an extremely inefficient and cumbersome business model.  Oh
well, enough of my rants.  USA!  USA!  USA!  <GGG>

We may not be the best, but at least our system rewards innovation and
punishes failures.  Hopefully, we can continue on.  My worries are the
failure of education in America, the breakdown of the family and the
encouragement of "no responsibility."  That last point is a shorten version
of, "You're not responsible because you (and here you can fill in any
politically correct BS you want to finish the sentence)."  Sample reasons
are you were abused, from a poor family, had an alcoholic parent, used drugs
to escape your environment, didn't have a good education....... ad nauseum.

Regards

Guy