Re: Head and shoulders on SP500...

Yngvi,
I'm almost sure Guy pointed the possibility of a head and
shoulder formation.   How about it Guy?  If not, I'm sure I read
a post alluding to one in the last five days.  As Edwards and
Magee say in Technical Analysis of Stocks Trends (as I've
suggested before: The Old Testament): "...by all odds, the most
reliable of major reversal patterns".

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: Yngvi Hardarson <hardy@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Head and shoulders on SP500...
> Date: Wednesday, September 02, 1998 1:32 PM
>
> I have not seen anybody on the list referring to a head and
shoulders
> pattern having appeared on the S&P 500 index.
>
> Neckline drawn from the low of April 27 to the low of August
11 and
> penetration on August 28.
>
> Potential objectives: Whole multiples of distance between
1190.58 July 20
> High from neckline same day at 1059.21 subtracted from
penetration price of