Re: Exit strategies

On daily charts, I use a 10 period ATR and a 3 period ATR.  If I knew
enough about formulas, I would set an oscillator to chart the difference
and, test if this precedes change.  On weekly charts, I use a 4 period ATR
and a 1 period ATR.  If you will set this up, you will see how, with few
exceptions, the 4/weekly and 10/daily ATR's are constant enough to be
valuable in anticipating when the move is over and how far it will go.

Al Taglavore