S&P overnights...

Greetings;

This may be a "newbie" type question, but I'll toss it out anyway (the
only dumb question is the one left unasked, right?)

Last night (actually early Tuesday morning), I was crusing our mailing
list when I came across the overnight messages taking note of the fact
that overnight S&P trading was up some 20+ points in Globex trading. I
checked the CME page and sure enough, the S&P was already popping right
up.

My question is this: Is there any solid correlation between the
overnight S&P numbers and "regular" market moves during the next trading
session in New York? I'm sure somebody has some a study on that and
other inter-market indicators.

Somebody (not me, dammit) made a few good $$$ going long on the S&P
overnight and then continuing right through the Tuesday sesson!

Thanks for any info, comment, etc.
Bill Sklodowski