Days of Week/Month ROC

Thanks to Onno and Steve for replying with the Bollinger Bands Oscillator
formulas. Of course, I felt pretty silly when I saw Brooke's email from July
14 and Mr. Maas' email from July 15th answering exactly the same question.
Thanks to all of you that make up the "chain".

- 0 -

Donchain had various day to day entry "criteria" or "filters". In testing
entries on current markets, does anyone have a favourite formula for the ROC
for each separate day of the week over the last 120 +/-  trading days and
the ROC for each separate day of the month for the last 120 +/-  trading
days? This is a new area of programing for me.

What I'm looking for is to develop a series of indicators and explorations
to examine daily differences on a weekly and monthly basis. Is ROC even the
"right" approach to use?

Thanks for any help that you might provide.

Walter Lake

The following are from the Equis web site:

The following formula plots a rate of change between today and a specific
date. In this example, the first trading day of 1995(Jan 3rd) This will only
work in the Windows versions of MetaStock™.

( (C - Peak ( 1, If ( ( Year( ) = 1995) * ( Month( ) =1 ) * (DayOfMonth ( )
= 3 ),CLOSE,0 ) , 1) ) / Peak(1, If ( (Year( ) = 1995) * (Month( ) = 1) *
(DayOfMonth ( ) =3 ),CLOSE,0) , 1)) * 100

The Peak statement is used twice because we are using values not number of
days like the ROC function does to calculate the ROC. To change the first
date you will need to change the functions:

Year( ) =
Month( ) =
DayOfMonth ( ) =

to your desired first date. Refer to the MetaStock for Windows manual for
details on using the Year, Month, & DayOfMonth functions.

The following MetaStock formula is for a moving average of the Friday of
every week, if you want it calculated on any other day you would substitute
a 1 for Monday, 2 for Tuesday, 3 for Wednesday, and 4 for Thursday. The
number of day you wanted would replace the two 5's already in the formula.
This moving average is currently a 6 week or 6 Friday moving average. If you
wanted to change it to another periodicity you would change the 30 to the
number of weeks or specific days multiplied by 5. In other words if you
wanted a 4 day moving average of Friday you would change the 30 to 4*5 or
20.

Mov(If(DayOfWeek( )=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek( )=5,C,0),1)),30,S)