RE: Reordering fields in ASCII files

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Malcolm Smith wrote:
> The advantages of Perl is that the scripts are quite quickly written and
> are easily shared by users with a similar interest.  Now, since that we
> all use price data for our investment tools, it may be to our collective
> advantage if a number of us starting to write and distribute Perl
> scripts.  Anyway, I've a useful script on my site and everyone is more
> than welcome to use and modigy it.
> Malc

Malc,

For those who think they might have an interest in giving perl a try, I
would recommend 'Learning Perl' by Randal Schwartz, published by O'Reilly
and available at discount from Amazon. Also published by O'Reilly and
highly recommended are 'Internet Client Programming with Perl', and
'Mastering Regular Expressions'. Regular expressions are probably the
most powerful yet confusing aspects of perl, but very useful to know if
you are 'hacking' financial data and news. Also, every distribution of
perl comes with extensive documentation, so you can truly download and
learn perl for free.

I am in process of setting up a website which will be a repository for
free perl scripts used for retrieving and processing data from the
Internet. I would like to provide a TA library as part of that repository.
Anyone interested in contributing can email privately for further info.

Cheers,

Jim