Re: ASCII Record Conversion

  Hi Dave,

>> Some one interested in Paradox,I have version 5.0,never opened.
>
>Thanks, however I believe that Paradox stopped including the ascii
>placement converter with version 3 or possibly v 3.5..

   It would indeed be a Mickey Mouse database that would not read in an
ASCII file.  Once I read a 20,000 record ASCII file into dbase in only 14
seconds.  And... that was on a 286.  Some used to say that dbase was slow
when compared to Foxpro and others.

   Of course to the the field switching that was referenced, would
take a few lines of code.

  Wayne