RE: Shifted Mov. Avgs.

Manuel, it is really easy, take a look at the Metastock help facility, look up "Horizontal Shift" in the "Moving Average" help screen.
-Neal.

At 05:49 PM 8/23/98 +0200, you wrote: >>>> Please let me know how do you displace a moving average. Perhaps I shlould know this by now. Thanks,
Manuel Barquin

---------- De: Neal Hughes A: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Asunto: Re: Shifted Mov. Avgs. Fecha: martes 18 de agosto de 1998 17:36
At 11:47 PM 8/17/98 -0500, you wrote: >There is no mystical or trading virtue to using or not >displaced moving averages. > >Lionel
Hi,
I'd say that applies to all indicators, they are mere mathematical formulas. Most often, *how* they are used is more important than *whether* they are used.
After several years of studying a gazillion indicators I realized there is no mystical indicator, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Only if you understand these attributes can you begin to use them profitably. Following indicators blindly is unlikely to work for most traders.
-Neal.
--- DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques - http://www.fibtrader.com

<<

--- DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques - http://www.fibtrader.com