Re: missing symbols

Jim Kerwin wrote:

> I download data for the S&P 400, 500, and 600 weekly...  In my most recent
> update I received errors for the following stocks...
>
> sp400: amx, honi, shr, uw, xo
> sp500: bay, bnl, czt, ech, gnt, pet, wmx
> sp600: fclr, flk, gdmk, shbz, zro, gotk, imd, luc, mgr, mrnr, msa, ohm,
> orbi, pgn, plen, scw
>
> Does anyone know what happened to these stocks...  Did they change their
> symbol... if so, what is the new symbol... did they drop out of the list...
> if so, what company replaced them...  I thank you for your time...

>         Have a nice day
>         Jim Kerwin
>         Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
Jim,
amx last traded 7/31.  They merged with AA
zro last traded 7/31.  They merged with APW
If you will go to http://www.quote.yahoo.com/q and enter the symbol,
they will give you the last trade and, at the bottom of the data, any
news on the symbol.  If you do not see merged dates there, click the
news link.
Sort of a back door approach, but very successful.

Al Taglavore