RE: ASCII eod data with Downloader

Equis Support writes:

> Symbol, Last, Change, Volume, Previous,High, Low, %Chg
>
> Since this is the format of the data they provide, comma delimited, and it
> is multi issue, you would either use a spreadsheet, which is what I would
> use, or a word processor and remove the Change, Previous and %Chg columns
> from the data.  Add a column for the date and using the copy feature of the
> spreadsheet, fill the date in the entire column of data.  Then, make a
> header that says <Ticker>,<Close>,<Volume>,<High>,<Low>,<Date>.  This is all
> explained in the help file within The DownLoader for Windows under ASCII.

*Lord* that's a lot of work.  I format the Ascii data I get using a simple
perl script, which is mucho fast, and can be run from a batch file.

perl, BTW, comes with the NT resource kits (which I'd suggest you DON'T use;
ask me privately if you're interested why) *and* at
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/perl/CPAN/ports/win32/standard/.

If anyone wants to explore this route, I'd be happy to write them a simple
converter from Ascii format <X> to the Ascii format that the downloader can
read.  I can't say this service would be free, but if the programming effort
on my part could be done in a day or less (and I'd be willing to bet it could;
programming is what I do for a lving), it very likely would be next to
nothing.

Email me privately if you're interested.

--
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's
Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no